Welcome

This is a place for my opinions on what I read, some movies or whatever else I find interesting. I love reading. I can find something positive about everything I read, at least I hope I can. I understand it takes a great deal of love and effort to write a book and to get it published. An author does not set out to write a crappy book, this is/was their baby. They got up at all hours of the night to feed it.

I don't see how you can give a true review of a book rushing through it. Don't you need to savor it a bit? I don't want my opinion to discourage anyone from reading. I hope you find something here you find interesting.

I buy most of my books, I get a few ARC, and I visit my library when my funds are low. I'm not trying to get you to buy anything by my opinions on the books I've read. I don't care if you buy it, borrow it, or check it out at the library. Just read. :)


Saturday, March 6, 2010

Before I Fall


AUTHOR: Lauren Oliver
PAGES: 472
WEBSITE: http://www.laurenoliverbooks.com/
TWITTER: @OliverBooks
ACQUIRED: ARC B&N

SUMMARY: (from book jacket)
Samantha Kingston has it all- looks, popularity, the perfect boyfriend. Friday, February 12, should be just another day in her charmed life. Instead, it's her last. The catch: Samantha still wakes up the next morning. In fact, she relives the last day of her life seven times, until she realizes that by making even the slightest changes, she may hold more power than she had ever imagined.

OPINION:
I thought the beginning of the book was really hard to get through. I really didn't like Sam and her circle of friends. The book was kind of like Mean Girls meets Groundhog Day. Over and over again reading about this girl, who is just unlikeable, trying to convince you she is not as bad as she seems. I am glad the author didn't put on the blame on Lindsay, Sam's best friend. It seemed like that was the way she was going for awhile. I believe Sam was just as rotten as her friends and they are each to blame for the path they have taken. In her desperate attempts to move on from February 12 to February 13, Sam eventually becomes more likable as she takes responsibility for the person she was and tries to change the person she will be remembered for. The book didn't end the way I wanted it to, but that is for my own selfish reasons, the ending was perfect for the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sleeping Beauty Fairies

SHIVER

hush, hush

FAIRY AT WORK

FAIRY AT WORK

TIPS

Book Odor Removal:

I bought a book at a library book sale, it had a strange odor. Someone gave me this suggestion to remove the smell, and it worked, so I thought I'd share.
Put the book in a ziploc bag along with 1/3 cup(more or less) of Arm & Hammer baking soda and seal shut. Leave the book alone for 2 or 3 days. It worked for me, hope it helps you too.

PlayList


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones