Welcome

This is a place for my opinions on what I read, some movies or whatever else I find interesting. I love reading. I can find something positive about everything I read, at least I hope I can. I understand it takes a great deal of love and effort to write a book and to get it published. An author does not set out to write a crappy book, this is/was their baby. They got up at all hours of the night to feed it.

I don't see how you can give a true review of a book rushing through it. Don't you need to savor it a bit? I don't want my opinion to discourage anyone from reading. I hope you find something here you find interesting.

I buy most of my books, I get a few ARC, and I visit my library when my funds are low. I'm not trying to get you to buy anything by my opinions on the books I've read. I don't care if you buy it, borrow it, or check it out at the library. Just read. :)


Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner


AUTHOR: Stephenie Meyer
PAGES: 178
WEBSITE: http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/
GENRE: YA
ACQUIRED: Purchase



SUMMARY: This is a novella about a minor character, Bree, in the Twilight Saga book Eclipse. Bree is a young new born vampire and this book recalls the last few days of her life as a vampire before her untimely death.

OPINION: Do I think this book was a ploy to get Twilight fans, such as myself who will buy anything Twilight, to buy this book? No.

I didn't really like this book at all. But I can't complain too much because:

1. I paid less than $10 for a hard cover installment to the Twilight Saga.

2. Since I bought a hard cover $1 went to the American Red Cross.

3. I was given the option to read it online for free. (so who could bitch about that)

Did I really like this book? NO. I found it boring. It's less than 200 pages and it took me forever to finish it. It needed chapter breaks or something. It didn't hold my attention and I basically had to make myself finish it. I love Twilight, but I wouldn't say I was totally disappointed in this book. I wasn't really expecting a whole lot from this book to begin with. I didn't really think twice about Bree in Eclipse. When I found out this book was about her I did remember her, but I didn't understand why this character deserved a novella. Bree is only talked about for around 11 pages in Eclipse. And while the Cullens do show compassion for her, they really don't dwell on the demise of Bree. So I didn't either.

The book is about a character I really didn't care about, and after reading her story, to be honest I still don't. I mean I feel sorry for her, but her story didn't impact me. The love story between Bree and Diego was kind of blah. Mainly because there just wasn't time in Bree's short life for it to develop farther.

We are introduced to a great character, Fred. He doesn't say much, but he was written so well I wanted to know more about this vampire. Maybe this novella will be a stepping stone to a whole new series of vampire books.

5 comments:

  1. Aw, too bad you didn't really enjoy it. I didn't think it was anything great either, although I did enjoy finding out more about the newborn vampires. When I first heard the book was releasing, I couldn't remember who Bree even was! I loved Fred too. I'd like to find out more about him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Leanna,
    Yes Fred was great wasn't he. He really made an impact in the short book and without having many lines at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! New follower and wanted to let you know that I really like your blog. It is so cute! I am also following you on twitter now @GCReading :-) Love your twitter BG too haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's awesome to pay a quick visit this web page and reading the views of all colleagues concerning this article, while I am also zealous of getting knowledge.

    Have a look at my site weight loss exercises

    ReplyDelete

Sleeping Beauty Fairies

SHIVER

hush, hush

FAIRY AT WORK

FAIRY AT WORK

TIPS

Book Odor Removal:

I bought a book at a library book sale, it had a strange odor. Someone gave me this suggestion to remove the smell, and it worked, so I thought I'd share.
Put the book in a ziploc bag along with 1/3 cup(more or less) of Arm & Hammer baking soda and seal shut. Leave the book alone for 2 or 3 days. It worked for me, hope it helps you too.

PlayList


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones