Welcome

This is a place for my opinions on what I read, some movies or whatever else I find interesting. I love reading. I can find something positive about everything I read, at least I hope I can. I understand it takes a great deal of love and effort to write a book and to get it published. An author does not set out to write a crappy book, this is/was their baby. They got up at all hours of the night to feed it.

I don't see how you can give a true review of a book rushing through it. Don't you need to savor it a bit? I don't want my opinion to discourage anyone from reading. I hope you find something here you find interesting.

I buy most of my books, I get a few ARC, and I visit my library when my funds are low. I'm not trying to get you to buy anything by my opinions on the books I've read. I don't care if you buy it, borrow it, or check it out at the library. Just read. :)


Sunday, September 6, 2009

Wendy and Lucy



Staring: Michelle Williams and Lucy the dog
Director: Kelly Reichardt
Released: 2009
Genre: Drama


Hi everyone I thought I'd suggest a movie maybe not many people caught. This is a story of Wendy and her dog Lucy. They are on their way to Alaska for the hopes of a good job and a better, easier life. Wendy's car is a broken down piece of crap and she is on limited funds. When her car breaks down in a small down, Wendy is not only faced with a financial problem but an emotional one as well, when Lucy becomes lost. Lucy is Wendy's one and only true friend and she is heartbroken as she tries to find her. In the end Wendy is faced with a heart wreathing decision.

This is more of independent kind of movie. There is no big drama or action, no great romance. Its just a simple story. This is basically like someone making a documentary of the worst couple of days in your life. It might not seem like a big deal to other people, but to you your world is coming apart. Some reviews I have read said, "nothing really happens." I think most of us have felt what it feels like when the world has turned its back on us, when we run out of money, become a burden on our family and every little crappy thing that can go wrong does. It may seems dull to some, but I enjoyed it. It was like a short story I really enjoyed reading. After it was over I was like, "hmm. Life is really shitty sometimes for eveyone." Hope you give it a try.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Sleeping Beauty Fairies

SHIVER

hush, hush

FAIRY AT WORK

FAIRY AT WORK

TIPS

Book Odor Removal:

I bought a book at a library book sale, it had a strange odor. Someone gave me this suggestion to remove the smell, and it worked, so I thought I'd share.
Put the book in a ziploc bag along with 1/3 cup(more or less) of Arm & Hammer baking soda and seal shut. Leave the book alone for 2 or 3 days. It worked for me, hope it helps you too.

PlayList


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones