Welcome

This is a place for my opinions on what I read, some movies or whatever else I find interesting. I love reading. I can find something positive about everything I read, at least I hope I can. I understand it takes a great deal of love and effort to write a book and to get it published. An author does not set out to write a crappy book, this is/was their baby. They got up at all hours of the night to feed it.

I don't see how you can give a true review of a book rushing through it. Don't you need to savor it a bit? I don't want my opinion to discourage anyone from reading. I hope you find something here you find interesting.

I buy most of my books, I get a few ARC, and I visit my library when my funds are low. I'm not trying to get you to buy anything by my opinions on the books I've read. I don't care if you buy it, borrow it, or check it out at the library. Just read. :)


Sunday, August 30, 2009

Season of the Witch



BY: Natasha Mostert
PAGES: 395


AQUIRED: Purchase
SUMMARY: Gabriel Blackstone is a computer hacker and a remote viewer, which gives him the availability to enter other peoples minds. When his ex girlfriend comes to him to help find out what happened to her stepson before her husbands dies, Gabriel finds himself in the middle of a murder mystery. His investigation leads him to the Monk house where he meets Morrighan and Minnaloushe, two sisters that are solar witches. After a session of remote viewing he knows one of the sisters committed the crime, but which one? He becomes entranced with the sisters and their world of alchemy and the Art of Memory. Gabriel falls in love with one of the sisters, the one who writes the diary, but he has no idea which sister that is.


OPINION:

I was excited about reading this book because of the description on the back cover suggesting, if you liked Anne Rice you would like this book and comparing it to Interview with a Vampire. Supposedly it was to be filled with eroticism and magic. Well, this is no Anne Rice book, not even close. It was a struggle to keep reading it. There really isn't that much about witches or alchemy either. It's mainly about memory and how these two women think having a strong memory will bring you to enlightenment. I did find it interesting how the books makes you see how weak are memories are these days. We don't have to remember information any more with the Internet, we don't even have to memorize how to spell words anymore with spellcheck. I don't even know my husbands cell phone number because all I have to do is push 3 on the phone to call him. You might like this book though, I don't know, maybe I was expecting too much.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely site, I'm a fairy addict too...luckily my 2 year is joining the addiction and now (by her request) has a tinkerbell room. Thanks for the review, the book did sound interesting, I hate when that happens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi ParaJunkee thanks for the kind words. Yes I am a little obsessed with fairies. Like you, I also have a daughter who loves them.

    ReplyDelete

Sleeping Beauty Fairies

SHIVER

hush, hush

FAIRY AT WORK

FAIRY AT WORK

TIPS

Book Odor Removal:

I bought a book at a library book sale, it had a strange odor. Someone gave me this suggestion to remove the smell, and it worked, so I thought I'd share.
Put the book in a ziploc bag along with 1/3 cup(more or less) of Arm & Hammer baking soda and seal shut. Leave the book alone for 2 or 3 days. It worked for me, hope it helps you too.

PlayList


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones