Welcome

This is a place for my opinions on what I read, some movies or whatever else I find interesting. I love reading. I can find something positive about everything I read, at least I hope I can. I understand it takes a great deal of love and effort to write a book and to get it published. An author does not set out to write a crappy book, this is/was their baby. They got up at all hours of the night to feed it.

I don't see how you can give a true review of a book rushing through it. Don't you need to savor it a bit? I don't want my opinion to discourage anyone from reading. I hope you find something here you find interesting.

I buy most of my books, I get a few ARC, and I visit my library when my funds are low. I'm not trying to get you to buy anything by my opinions on the books I've read. I don't care if you buy it, borrow it, or check it out at the library. Just read. :)


Monday, October 5, 2009

Dune Road



AUTHOR: Jane Green
PAGES: 341
WEBSITE: http://www.janegreen.com
TWITTER: @janegreen
ACQUIRED: Purchase
SUMMARY: Although her ex husband is not dead, Kit has felt as a Wall Street window throughout her marriage.
Kit, feeling lost and disconnected throughout her marriage to Adam, is getting a new lease on life. She is ready to abandon the big house and flashy clothes.
In Highfield, Kit and her children buy a little cottage and get a simpler life. A life with substance.
Kit makes friends with her older neighbor, Edie, who helps her find a job. And this isn't just any job, Kit is working as an assistant to the famous writer, Robert McClore. A mysterious tragedy drove McClore into seclusion and few, besides Kit, are granted access to his house at the top of Dune Road.
With Kit's few close circle of friends: Edie, Tracy and Charlie; she feels safe and loved. When Charlie's husband loses his job, Charlie begins to lose everything and it is hard for Kit to watch her friend have to sell everything, take the kids out of private school and downsize, not because she wants a simpler life, such as Kit, but because she is forced to.
Tracy encourages Kit to date an attractive man, who seems perfect, maybe too perfect. Tracy becomes distant and Kit is hurt as she feels Tracy is keeping secrets from her.
When a surprise visitor arrives, Kit learns her mother has a few secrets of her own. Kits new, wonderful, simple life becomes anything but. Everything it not as it seems.

OPINION:
Who doesn't love a good chick lit.? Jane Green is one of the best at this. I, however, didn't love Dune Road, but I enjoyed it a lot. I felt some situations were too predictable, but there were a couple of surprises in this book I didn't see coming. I am a Jane Green fan and I always feel I get my moneys worth when buying one of her books. I'm trying not to give anything away here. There is a character in this book who is rotten to the core, and you will instantly know who it is, but there is a twist even with that.
I hope you enjoy it. Some of my other favorites by Jane Green are: The Other Woman and Bookends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sleeping Beauty Fairies

SHIVER

hush, hush

FAIRY AT WORK

FAIRY AT WORK

TIPS

Book Odor Removal:

I bought a book at a library book sale, it had a strange odor. Someone gave me this suggestion to remove the smell, and it worked, so I thought I'd share.
Put the book in a ziploc bag along with 1/3 cup(more or less) of Arm & Hammer baking soda and seal shut. Leave the book alone for 2 or 3 days. It worked for me, hope it helps you too.

PlayList


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones